Saturday, December 8, 2012

HK Day 2

After a night's rest we were recharged and ready to go. We had breakfast at Chef Mickey's restaurant. I thought there will be characters meeting us but I made a mistake. It was actually another restaurant. We went back to the room and packed up and check out before we hit Disneyland again. It was a smooth check out and everything was settled in less than half an hr. I must say the staff were well trained and able to converse in Chines, English and Cantonese.
Today since we have more time, we planned to visit Fantasyland and Toy Story Land. We also planned to catch all the shows as CL said we shouldn't give it a miss. We rented a stroller and began by taking photos with some characters. I think I was more excited than YE! The CL and XC went for their first ride, The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh. It was a 4D ride, with sights, sounds, smell and movement. Then the 3 of them went for the Mad Hatter Tea Cup ride, the one which you sit in it and the tea cup will spin round and round. Seeing it makes me dizzy! Then the sky opened up, it drizzled a little. Luckily the 3 of them went for the The Little Small world ride. I waited for them outside cos it was a boat ride. Frankly speaking I didn't go for any rides, cos it induces motion sickness for me. I only watch the shows and took pictures with the characters.
After that, it was time for lunch. With our stomach full, we watched 'The Golden Mickeys' at Disney's Storybook Theater. It was like an award show with real cast singing and dancing. It was rather comical seeing Mickey Mouse speaking Cantonese. The next stop was 'Mickey's PhilharMagic' It was a 3D show but not the usual ones we watched here. The screen was wider and longer. Water droplets splashed at you just like how the character is experiencing. When Aladdin went up flying on the flying carpet with Jasmine, we could feel wind. It was the best 3D show!
Toy Story Land was the next stop, there wasn't many rides, they only went for the Slinky Dog Spin, which was a wait of about 45 mins. I thought there will be fast pass to shorten the wait but apparently only 3 - 4 rides has it. We also wanted to ride on the HK Disneyland Railroad but we missed the last train.
To sum up my experience in HK Disneyland, on the scale of 10 I will give it a 6. The staff were all friendly and well-trained. The place was clean, weather was cooling (at night it would be COLD). I expecting to see the Disney characters walking all around the park but I didn't. We also didn't visit some of the 'lands'. Well, never mind, we can always come back again!. :)

The place for stroller rental


Main Street USA





Spin and spin and more spin at Mad Hatter Tea Cup

XC's reaction was scary when she came out.

The Golden Mickey Show

First in Asia

Seen the Potato Head around?

Very toy feeling!

I love the lights

Can you see the gigantic remote control?

Slinky Dog Chasing its tail




No comments: